Category Archives: Community

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: LoveGrove – “Rise up and Connect”

LoveGrove’s “Rise up and Connect” was one of two works interpreted by multidisciplinary artist Aurora Del Rio. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by LoveGrove [Context: here and here.]

Posted in Ball of Wax, Check Out This Song, Glocal Scene | Tagged | Leave a comment

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Daniel Potts – “Music for Reach”

Daniel Potts’s “Music for Reach” was one of two works interpreted by musician Chelsea Coleman. This is, I think, the sole example of a work on this compilation being a direct parent of another such piece. (For the most part, … Continue reading

Posted in Ball of Wax, Check Out This Song, Glocal Scene | Tagged | Leave a comment

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Division of Nature – “I wander”

Division of Nature’s “I wander” was one of two works interpreted by visual artist Noortje Stortelder. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Division of Nature [Context: here and here.]

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Rasmus Kjær – “Dual Power”

Rasmus Kjær’s “Dual Power” was one of two works interpreted by video artist Sarah Crofts. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Rasmus Kjær [Context: here and here.]

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: James Kelly Pitts – “I Made a Joke About God”

James Kelly Pitts’s “I Made a Joke About God” was one of two works interpreted by photographer Eva Wang. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by James Kelly Pitts [Context: here and here.]

Posted in Ball of Wax, Check Out This Song, Glocal Scene | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Frank Simes – “Urge of Existence”

Frank Simes’s “Urge of Existence” was one of two works interpreted by visual artist Meri Miller. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Frank Simes [Context: here and here.]

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Tim Ralphs – “Respiration”

Tim Ralphs’s “Respiration” was one of two works interpreted by visual artist Lazarus Acres. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Tim Ralphs [Context: here and here.]

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Sceneries, Placements – “My Last Day on This Earth”

Sceneries, Placements’ “My Last Day on This Earth” was one of two works interpreted by artist Susan Hensel. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Sceneries, placements [Context: here and here.]

Posted in Ball of Wax, Check Out This Song, Glocal Scene | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Virgin of the Birds – “An Archer”

Virgin of the Birds’ “An Archer” was one of two works interpreted by photographer Laura Letinsky. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Virgin of the Birds [Context: here and here.]

Ball of Wax 64 Songs: Victoria Theodore – “Diametric”

Victoria Theodore’s “Diametric” was one of two works interpreted by photographer Rhea Gupte. Ball of Wax Volume 64: The Music of TELEPHONE by Victoria Theodore [Context: here and here.]